Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Thursday the 9th of October

Today when we left Orlando we took the opportunity to go on an airboat ride.  We all enjoyed it very much.  We saw several small alligators and lots of bird wildlife.  It was really a wonderful trip.  I would say that compared to a small (18 seater) plane, a helicopter and a slow boat tour, this airboat is my favorite of all.  I was in a small plane in Norway, a helicopter in Hawaii and a slow boat in Hawaii. 

I fell in love with this small gator.  I really wanted to bring it home, but I couldn't.  I loved holding it and wished I could have held it longer. 




Hubby enjoyed holding the alligator also.  He thought it was pretty cool.


The kids would not hold the live gator, they did settle for holding chocolate gators though.



The sun went down as we headed for Jacksonville, Florida for the night.  We were in a motel very close to the Atlantic Ocean.  Can't wait to visit the beach tomorrow.  It should be fun for the kids and I am sure I will enjoy an hour or two on the beach as well.  I miss the Hawaiian beaches I used to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment