Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Monday, October 13th

Happy Birthday to my Daddy! I love you!!!



Today we left Middle Brother's and began the long journey across Texas.


This is a photo of Fort Alamo or the Fort at the Alamo. It was closed by the time we got there. We were running very late and only took the time the drive around the Fort.


Another view of the Fort. A monument with the names of all who perished in the battle.




We saw a lot of Hurricane devastation from Ike. It was very humbling. I can't find any photos from our leaving Beaumont and going through Houston. I will have to look again. I looked and can't find anything. I guess I was too much in awe to take photos.

We traveled on I-10 and there were many places that the highway was under water after the hurricane. They are in the process of cleaning the median and roadsides up, but there is still a lot to be done. It looked as though they had pulled the big things out like furniture, boats, cars and the like.

We did see an odd refrigerator here and there, mattresses, packages wrapped in plastic the size of insulation bales. There is tons of grass or hay piled on the road sides, at least ten feet tall in many places. I imagine that many a bale of hay was destroyed and ended up floating away and making a huge mess.

We made it to Fort Stockton and are now going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment