Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Friday, October 10th

 Today we went to the beach in Jacksonville, Florida to visit the Atlantic Ocean.

We spent a couple of hours there and of course mom got sunburned. Not bad, though, but since it was October and overcast, mom forgot that the sun in the south could still cause sunburn.


We found lots of sea shells and the kids had a blast playing in the surf.

 We were completely covered with sand.  Oh it is sad when one forgets about the sand at the beach!  I can't believe that I forgot how sand can get into everything.  But somehow we survived.

We all had a great time.  The kids loved being at the ocean.  I wish I could have spent all afternoon there, on a towel, listening to the surf break over the beach.  It was so calming and heavenly.



On the way to Mobile, I made several shell and beach find necklaces.  It was fun to see how broken shells, full shells and rocks could make some cute stuff.  I haven't taken any photos yet, but I will soon.




Then we began the long drive towards Texas. We are staying on the east side of Mobile, Alabama, actually on the other side of the river.


See the pretty cloud?  This was a Alabama cloud.




Then the sun set and soon we were in our motel.

No comments:

Post a Comment