Sunday, October 4, 2009

Make-Do Water Bottle Cover


see below for alternative button
At Make-Do Mondays we discuss how we’re simplifying, downsizing, repurposing, buying used, and using what we’ve got.


It’s a carnival celebrating creative problem-solving, contentment, patience and ingenuity. To participate, share your own make-do solution in the comments or write up a Make-Do Mondays post at your blog, then return here to link via MckLinky. Enjoy others’ ideas by clicking on the other people’s names.

*****************



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make-Do Mondays with Shari



Have I mentioned that I like to put socks on my water bottle? I can buy ones from the store for a buck a pair or less for themed ones, like Christmas, Easter, Valentines, Halloween, etc. That is fun......  

But to be more frugal and  Make-Do I use old socks. Yes, they are clean and I really try hard to make sure they look clean, but sometimes older sox are stained. It really helps if you have colored socks for this, but I mostly have white ones. Sometimes I cut the bottom off and just use the ribbing from my Hubby’s socks- they are still very white. He goes through socks very fast.



The reason I love covers for my water is that I often have condensation build up on my bottle and the sock keeps it from getting other things wet. It is it’s own coaster, I don’t have to worry about my wood table or papers getting wet. I also want to believe that it keeps the water a little cooler longer as the water evaporates, it should cool the bottle. I don’t know if it would really work in this case, but I do use evaporative cooling a lot when we are camping.


Also, you can tuck your lid in the sock and not loose it. I have a key to my bedroom tucked in it now so if my room is locked I don’t have to look for my keys. It is the emergency key. I put coupons, grocery lists and notes in it to. It has really helped me.


My sunglasses can hang on it, a pen can be held by it, many many ways to use it. I sometimes even pull the sock off, if I think it might not be a ‘good look or attire’ for the affair it is headed to.




LOL.......... I need to carry an extra casual and a dressy sock for those other times!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thanks for visiting with me today and Please leave me a comment .


Many thanks to Ann Kroeker for starting this carnival and also for entrusting me to carry it forward. I will definitely need your help in making this a success and a place to come and gather ideas on saving money and being responsible for our material goods, time and family.


Again thanks for visiting and be sure to come back...........


with Shari


Make-Do Monday Archives
with Ann Kroeker



If the main button is too big, try this one:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



1 comment:

  1. Socks on water bottles? What a great idea! Great way to protect the wood furniture. Once again, you show us simple ideas that take minimal effort but have a big impact.

    ReplyDelete