Friday, April 17, 2009

Update on Pizza Buns

So for tonight we had Pizza Buns again! Yes, two days in a row! I know, we are not very creative are we? In any case, I made the same amount of dough and we had tons of leftovers. I was able to let them rise a bit more than yesterdays, hence they sure looked like a lot more. Last night I made 8 large filled buns. Today I made 15 just right sized filled buns.

This time I filled 10 of them with the sausage, mushroom, cheese and sauce mix. Then 3 buns were only filled with cheese. And 2 I made into Resurrection Buns- well sort of.

Check out Ann's recipe for Resurrection Buns, these are awesome! The ones we made were delicious, so I am sure that if I followed Ann's recipe and used my homemade dough they would be out of this world!!! Good!!! Tasty!!!!

Now to tell you why I only made 2 Resurrection Buns. I made the bread dough a little different tonight. I added Italian seasoning, about 1 tablespoon, to my dough and about a 1/2 cup of grated cheese. I thought this would be grand with the pizza filling. It really was delicious, I think better than plain. Oh we also put cheese on the top of the buns before we stuck them in the oven. Made them so awesome!!

But back to the Resurrection Buns. I thought that because the dough had become a bit savory with the cheese and spices, it would not be a good sweet host for the marshmallow. OK, I was wrong!! Weird as it may seem, the dessert bun was delicious! And we did not even put the cinnamin and sugar on them!! Go figure!! I think I will be making them again.

I also used dried hard marshmallows. Someone forgot to seal up the bag and they have become petrified. But they worked just fine!! Sorry no pictures of the baked product, because I forgot and they went to fast anyway.




On the above cookie sheet: the bottom row has 3 cheese filled, then the ones with red on them are the Pizza filling filled Buns, the 2 at the top are the Resurrection Buns, still raising for maximum fluffiness.


Here is the link to the original Pizza Bun post/recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment