Thursday, November 29, 2007

WFMW - Sifting in the Kitchen

Works for Me Wednesday

There have been many times I go to get cocoa out of my can and it is all compacted. So whisk to the rescue! I bought a set of 4 graduated whisks at the dollar store and put the smallest one in my Cocoa container. So when I need Cocoa, I gently whisk the powder in the can and then measure what I need. No more caked cocoa lumps! Works for me!

I also keep a whisk in my flour canister. This lightens the flour and I get more acurate measurings. I also keep a 1/2 cup measure in my flour to speed up measuring and less washing of preparation tools.

I bought extra measuring cups from the dollar store to put in my canisters and containers. Some are white sugar, powdered sugar, oats, brown sugar, hot cocoa mix, rice, macaroni, dried mashed potatoes- and measuring spoons stay permanent in the baking soda, cornstarch, baking powder, yeast, bulk salt, bulk taco seasoning, bulk dried onion pieces, etc.

These items save time in preparation of my food items and by delegating them to a certain product, I save time in needing to wash them as often. Works for me!

Have a great day and jump back over to Rocks in My Dryer for more ideas!!


Sharinskishe

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you'd like to visit my other WFMW here are the links:

Use a Notebook

No comments:

Post a Comment