Monday, November 12, 2007

Saturday's Team Seminar in Salt Lake

This was a very superb Team Seminar as usual. However we were fortunate to have the Woodward's with us for the Ticket Holder portion of the meeting. It was awesome!!! Mitchell worked hard so that he could attend as well. He was thrilled that he was able to shake Orrin's hand twice and get his autograph. It was very very special to all of us.

There were some great notes I took during the meetings. I wanted to make note here of this one: 'Your actions speak so loud that I can't hear what you say.' Boy does that capture a lot in a nut shell. 'Your actions speak louder than words', is the original saying. We must always make sure that our actions are what we are saying. Like telling the truth. Tell the truth and you will never need to remember what you said.

Investments are adding value to something. So when you read, listen, do, act, watch for a value coming from these items. If you realize the value from some action, then it is not an expense but it is an investment.

Persistence is one of the most valuable traits we as Leaders can possess. Be willing to grow. Willing to stretch. Do whatever it takes to get your Community growing.

You become what you focus on. I will focus myself on only those things that will bring happiness into my family and help us become the servants our Heavenly Father wants us to be.

I need to be the best ME, I can be. You need to be the best YOU, you can be.

I love being me when I am in the TEAM environment. It is there that I feel like I can do whatever I set my mind to do. Of course, I want to do righteous things and help other people. But it is through associations with good people that I feel I do have Power Within myself to accomplish my dreams.

Bye for now-

No comments:

Post a Comment