Saturday, August 28, 2010

Take Shape For Life: Day 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Take Shape For Life: Day 5
August 27, 2010 - Friday

Today was a very good day.  Still no hunger pains.  In fact I was late on getting lunch because I lost track of 'feeding' time and wasn't hungry.  That is good and bad at the same time.

The process of feeding my body every 2 to 3 hours helps my body understand that I am not in starvation mode and that I have plenty to eat and that I don't need to hold on to my fat stores.

It is pretty wonderful that scientists and doctors have realized that our bodies store energy for hard times.  The problem is that for nearly 40 years, my body has been prepared to take care of me during the famine times that I let it believe were coming.  I have been carrying my 2 year food supply on my body frame- (OK, even as big as I am my stores would not last me 2 years!  I really do know that!)

My phone holds my desired eating schedule and an alarm sounds when it is time to eat.  I don't hear it all the time, but I generally stay on track.  I also don't want to get used to hearing an alarm and having it become a trigger to eat.  So I have to be careful with my alarms- if I could have a dedicated sound that was only for food maybe that would work.  But as of now, the calender alarm sound is for all notifications and that really could be dangerous.

Maybe there is a 'take medicine app' that would work for me?  I will have to look into that.

So for my Lean and Green today, I went again for dinner time.  I fixed 2 boca burgers, with a touch of catsup and mustard.  A half a pickle spear, lettuce and 2 tomato slices.  I wanted to use the lettuce as a bun, but was too lazy to pull out the head of lettuce and grab a leaf.  I just ate torn lettuce pieces with the burger.  I also had a lettuce salad with mixed veggies- dices of tomato, radish, cucumber and mushroom.  It was a large filling meal.

Overall:  Great day!  I have lost 6 pounds since starting Monday.  I sure my weight loss is different from yours, but I am thrilled with it!!!  It has been a wonderful day and now I am very content with the way of eating and grateful that the hunger pains and cravings for sugar, salt, fats and chocolate have subsided.

Keep Up The Great Work!!

...........

No comments:

Post a Comment