Saturday, August 28, 2010

Take Shape For Life: Day 2


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Take Shape For Life: Day 2
August 24, 2010 - Tuesday

My soup rescued me again today.  I probably was not as hungry as yesterday, but one would never have know it.  I was grateful for my soup.  I also ate some pickled cauliflower, in fact it was the rest of a 40 cal bottle that I opened yesterday to help with my need to eat!, crunch and chew.  Most of my issues are with sugar, salt and fat withdrawal as well as having a need to eat crunchy things.

Lean and Green
Tonights meat and vegetable was a stir fry.  I chopped up some turkey, red and green bell peppers, celery, zucchini and mushrooms and stir fried them in my secondhand Wok like pan.  It is now my favorite pan and it only cost me $2.00. !  I cranked some Lemon pepper salt over the food and splashed some soy sauce into the pan.  Not much of course.  But enough to taste good.

Dinner was enjoyed by all.  Of course we had a nice veggie salad on the side.  I don't use salad dressing, but then I have always tried to avoid them unless I am in a restaurant and then I get blue cheese and ranch to mix. I put some green taco sauce drops in my salad and was just fine with that.  I have used lemon juice in the past but it is getting too strong for me in my older age.

I can't wait to get some money in so we can have some fresh broccoli and green beans and other veggies.  Canned green beans and lettuce salad is going to get boring.

So I have been crunching a little ice today as well, but only when they are nearly soft enough to crush with my hand.  I am NOT crunching fresh hard ice cubes, I don't want trouble with my teeth.

I ate about the same amount of calories today as yesterday, and pretty much the same 'extra' stuff (my soup, other snacks) as I did yesterday.  In the future I will be sticking to the plan much closer and only having the snacks they recommend.  But I had to make it through this second tough day.

Overall:  Day 2 has been a success.  I am glad it is over.  I made it just fine.  

If I can do it- you can do it!


....

No comments:

Post a Comment