Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Dentist

OK, so I went to the Dentist today. I have to say that I do like my Dentist. He is a great guy and does such a great job. He is fun and has a great ability to make people and kids feel at ease. So for my Dentist the standard, hating dentists does not apply.

He was joking with his Assistant and the banter was so fun. I chose not to watch a movie while they worked on me, because I knew the conversation would be entertaining. I was not disapponted! I love how they understand me when I babble with all the tools and implements in my mouth. It is more like going to the spa, than going to the dentist's office. Thanks guys!

I will have several more visits as I am replacing all my silver fillings with porcelain. My old fillings are beginning to deteriorate and I am having to have them replaced. That is one of the great blessings of growing older. You have to start getting replacement parts!!

So my trip to the Dentist was good today, but my son on the other hand, was petrified to go get his cavity filled. He is so afraid of the shot. But with a little pill and some nitrous, he made it through and even said he could go again if necessary. I hope he will do better in his preventative maintenance.

His cavity was very small and so it did not take very long to fix his. This was good and he really did well. He went in during September to have this filling put in and came home without any work being done.

He would not get the shot he needed and the Dentist decided to reschedule. I was unable to be there, but I am not sure if I could have done anything different from what his dad did.

Then we went on our vacation / business trip in October and the next opening they had was today. He has been dreading it for three months and said, it was not that bad. What will I do with him? I guess I'll keep loving him. OK, no guessing- I will always love him.

Our next visits are in March for all for of us to have our cleanings and 'inspections'.

No comments:

Post a Comment