Friday, September 21, 2007

Where does time go?

It seems like it was just yesterday that I was blogging away. But it was a couple of days ago. Really, where does time go?

Soccer Gal is doing very well in school this year. So far she has reported that she has received 100% on all her schoolwork! She is one hardworking cookie. We are so very proud of her. She is enjoying her new school and friends. Her teacher is just right for her this year. She is -Kind, Smart, Compassionate, Firm, a Great Leader and I am happy that DD has her. Soccer Gal likes to ride the bus to and from school. Sometimes she imagines that her dad is the driver and she gets to imagine what his job as a bus driver used to be like. She loves to sing and has joined the school choir.

Pilot Kid is also doing well in school. He can check his grades anytime he wants and always knows where he stands. He knows what assignments he needs to turn in and he is so interested in keeping grades up. The Power School is a great tool for those kids who wish to stay up on their grades and not get behind. I am proud of him too. He is a very smart kid too, too smart somedays. He even likes gym some days, those are the days they do soccer moves and play soccer. Go DS!

I was thinking about the kids soccer games, they are doing very well for their first year on a team. The kids have played in 4 of the 5 games so far this season. They have tied two games, they tied with the same team twice! The other team has won all their other games. Our kids team has also won all their other games! DS and DD rock!!

They will miss their game tomorrow as it is more important for them to be with DH and myself at my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration. WOW - 50 Years!!! That is so awesome to me. I thank them every day for the great example they have been to me. Marriage is not easy, but it sure can we worth it. They actually have been married 50 years, 3 months and 23 days! It is sooooooo fantastic! They are my Heros!!

The baby kittens are all doing very well. Calie, our littlest one is growing at the regular rate for her size. She is still very tiny compared to the others, but she is 2cc's shy of being 120cc which is the average weight her siblings were when they were born. So i feel she is doing well. BeeBee is very protective of her babies. I am so very proud of her. Today is the first day she has wanted to go outside, so I let her out. She was out about a half an hour, and then meowed like crazy for me to let her in. She was so impatient! It was pretty funny.

She ran right up to be with her babies and I have not seen her for about 5 hours now. The babies are not crying as much as they did when they were first born. Those first two nights were so noisy! They seem very content and are all kept full enough to just want to sleep and eat and sleep. Works for me.

aaaargh! We have flies in the house!! I do not know where they are coming from, unless it is at the bottom of our sliding glass door. It is soooooo frustrating. I hate flies. I have killed a bundle of them today and let more out through the screen and then still I have some dive bombing me. It is not funny anymore. They think they are house pets and should be here, but I have told them a million times to get out, they are not welcome in my home!!! We always had flies at the old house- outside that is. But here they are inside. We get mosquitoes too. I have a feeling that the screens must not fit right, or there is a hole in the basement we can't find or ??? It is frustrating to have bugs in your home, and a new home at that.

The weather went from really warm to cool and the flies seemed to dwindle. But it has been warming back up again, and with the warmth comes flies. Yuck. I am not ready for winter yet, so I will try to put up with the invaders for a while longer. The weather is forecasting snow for our mountains this weekend, down to 7000 feet. Good thing we are just below 5000 feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment