Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where Does Time Fly To?

It seems like summer vacation just started and yet it has been more than 3 weeks since the kids got out of school.

We have had a quite enjoyable summer thus far. We have been working on the yard and it is finally coming together.

We have a blow up pool, but we have not been able to get that up yet. Too much work to be done yet. Pilot has been working really hard in the yard with me. Pilot Boy really wants the pool up, but maybe in a couple of weeks.

Angel has been busy helping too. I am amazed at how strong both my kids are. They haul brick and blocks like men!!

Pilot (with a bit of help from Angel) does a really fine job at keeping the grass mowed. I love it when he mows diagonally, it really looks terrific!!

Our small garden is coming along quite well. With the weather this spring, I have just now completed planting. So hopefully we will have a good growing season with good weather and a late warm fall.

We have tomatoes, green peppers, melons and squash. Not everything I wanted to put in this year, but because the weather was not cooperating and my yard wasn't ready, I did not plant the radishes, lettuce, beans, pumpkins, and other seeds I have on hand. Next year should be fun, as the garden boxes will be ready any time I am ready. I can start early by setting them up as cold frame boxes.

We have put in bricks and cinders around the front of the house. I am not completely finished with that but have put it on hold until I get some decorative rocks. The bark the builder put in just blows away with our wind, so I am going with gravel.

We lost one of our sweet baby kittens the other day, Garfield. (Alias Sunshine, Tuna) He apparently got in the way of a car. It was sad, but it is a fact of life. Accidents happen. We buried him and will mark his grave later this summer, along with Mousie who died earlier this spring. The other two kittens are doing fine. They are now 7 or 8 weeks old. (I don't feel like figuring it out right now.) Sundae is the little female and Twist is the larger male. They are so cute to watch. They are friendly and fun.

Well going to go for now. Have a great day!

Shari

(Go to Home Page)

No comments:

Post a Comment