Sunday, June 1, 2008

COMPLICATIONS WITH MY TRANSFORMATION

I never anticipated what has happened since I began working out. I love the exercise!! One would think that I should be wasting away or burning my fat reserves like crazy. However, this is not the case. I am stronger and my clothes fit better, which are both terrific results to doing exercise. But the complications are taking a toll on my weight.
You see, I love to cook, bake and partake of these creations. So, I am cooking and eating more than I have been used to. Let me explain.

Every program or life change is risky. This change of putting movement back into my routine is a risk. One that i was willing to take on. First, I am nearing fifty and we have all heard that it is not as easy to drop pounds when you get older. I am living proof of that.

Second, I have a lot more energy and stamina now. Therefore I have been keeping my house in better shape, including the kitchen. Now I have room to cook, do baking and enjoy the food preparation process. Needless to say, there have been more cookies, cakes and brownies turned out of my kitchen in the the last few months than the whole previous year. And also needless to say, I enjoy eating them. I don't eat much, but obviously I eat enough!!!

Third, I am very busy (like the rest of you) and one of my personal challenges is overcoming the lack of ability to do more than one big thing at a time. Let me explain. If I can focus my day on fitness, I succeed in fitness. If I focus on my house, my house is not in chaos. If I focus on eating healthy, I plan meals, shop and cook for health. If I am away from the house working, I work hard. But if I have to do more than one of these tasks on the same day, I feel overwhelmed and I frustrated.
However, multi-tasking on little things is easy for me. For instance, reading a book and listening to my kids ask questions and giving them the answer at the same time is easy. Listening to both kids at the same time also happens at some times. I can crochet or knit and help the kids with homework. Well you get the picture.

I am finding excuses for my lack of weight loss. Now don't get me wrong!!! I am losing inches and I am fine with that. I accepted long ago that my weight was not me and that even if I carry my years food supply on my body, I can still be a great person. Although somewhat limited to the physical movement aspects of life or fitting through tight spaces or keeping up with my kids stamina. But at least I have my years supply!!!!

I have to accept that my transformation is going down a different path than I first imagined. I am okay with that. I hope that everyone else will be accepting of my choices.

I AM DOING SO MUCH BETTER TODAY THAN I WAS A YEAR AGO!!!! So everything I have done since March has been worth it!!! Thanks to everyone who has helped me get to this point. My life is pretty darn good right now.

So let's keep going on this path-

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment