Sunday, June 6, 2010

Updates












This week I am getting a Make Do Done!!!


But in the meantime, I thought I'd bring my Blog up to date on my school/career progression.


I have been so busy enjoying my life these past couple of months.  In mid- May I went and took the National Pharmacy Test, called Excpt and I passed with a 445 out of 500.  Just shy of 90%.  


Perfectly acceptable, but not really my best effort, however I am really pleased that I passed.  390 was the passing score, so I did well.  If I had spent more time doing my extern-ship before I took the test, I probably would have done better.  


But the lure of getting to finish school early was enough for me to go and take the test early, 6 weeks early.  I am totally free from attending classes right now and can fully concentrate on my extern-ship hours and the paperwork for that.  


I have already completed the test and paperwork for my State Pharm Tech license, so when my hours are completed in about 5 weeks, I can apply for my license and then begin to apply for work as a CPht, Certified Pharmacy Technician.


I finished my courses with a 4.0 gpa and Highest Honors, Presidents List.  I am so excited about that.  School has been a challenge, but I believe that it was not as hard as it should have been- not university hard.  But it was fun and confidence building.  An awesome experience for me at this milestone of 50 years of my life.  


I can't believe that I am 50!  I certainly don't feel 50, well most of the time I don't.  What a blessing that is- that most days I feel very young and like I am not aging.  


Well here's to a new segment of my life!!  CHEERS!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Iris! We had some that came with the house, that we weren't too pleased with. The color/variety of Iris always looked like faded/dying floers. Not pretty at all. Hubs dug them out and gave them to some friends that were in need of some plants for a gardening project. Now if those Iris were like yours, I'd have kept them! :)

    Sorry I missed the most recent Make-Do-Monday...I had some make-do posts ready! Hopefully you'll have one up this week.

    ReplyDelete