Friday, August 8, 2008

Snake!!


So today while Angel was outside, she saw a snake in the grass. Needless to say, she was almost hysterical!! (It was funny to me. She is all girl when it comes to bugs, spiders and snakes.)


She ran into the house to get away from it and to tell me about it. So I ran out of the house to find it so I could catch it. She found it again and I chased it down and picked it up. Angel and her friend would not get near it at all. It was just a little one. It was 12" or so long and about the thickness of a Sharpie marker around the belly.



When I first picked up the snake, he (the snake) was quite unhappy about being caught. I can understand that and I was as gentle as I could be. In less than a minute, he calmed down and was very gentle himself. It was a cool experience. However, he sure left 'stink' on my hands. Soap and water took that off just fine.


I held onto it for about 5 mins and was just about to let it go, when Hubby and Pilot came home. Pilot was a good sport and he held the snake. I assured him it was safe and that it was not large enough to bite him. So he held it about 3 or 4 mins and then he let it go.

Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment