Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Mom and Dad's Garden

Potatoes are growing in pots. The plants are looking great and healthy.
I never did get my potatoes planted this year.
Their zucchini plants are really doing well. The leaves are huge and the stalks are straight and strong. They are getting enough 'fruit' from this plant. (I think there really are two plants.)
Their tomatoes are doing really well also. They are growing tall and are quite bushy. They still have lots of large green fruits on them. They are harvesting some red ones also. Should be a good year for the end of the season green tomato harvest! I like fried green toms just like my dad and my mom. I also love to dice the green ones up and cook them with diced squash, like my mom taught me how to cook. I don't have that many of my own greenies to cook with, but there are a few days left in the season, so maybe I still will get more greenies for myself.
This is a photo of one of my mom's beautiful planters that greet their guests at the front steps. Someday, I hope to have planter boxes like hers that can greet my guests.
All in all their gardens, veggie and flowers, are doing beautiful. Their home looks very inviting from the outside and everyone is welcome their.
Thanks for the photos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment