Friday, August 15, 2008

Angel Found a Baby Bird


OK, every time I looked at the Snake Blog, I felt like something was missing.  I finally figured it out.  Angel is afraid of snakes but she loves cats and birds.

The bird in her hand was found in the road.  She and Pilot were go carting and almost ran the baby bird over.  So Angel cups the bird up and brings it home.  She wanted to keep it, believe me it was so very cute.  I tried to teach her that even though it was small and cute, it was possibly carrying diseases that she would not want to catch.  But at least I got her to wash up very well after.

I have to admit that holding snakes is dangerous also. I suppose I am not a great example 'cuz I even grabbed that mink by the tail who was attacking our kitty several years ago.  That was not really smart, but I had to rescue the kitty, and I threw that thar' mink off my front porch.  He was not happy with me, but finally he left the area.  That is how the cat came to live in our house.  But now back to the bird.

The bird was really cute and had a very loud chirp.  I do not know what kind of bird it was.  Angel took the bird back to where she found it and set it in the grass at the side of the road.  She backed off and watched from a safe distance.  After a while, the mother bird found the baby and they walked away.  I hope it was a ground nester and the baby just wandered.  But I don't know for sure.  The mom did not seem upset to have Angels human smell on her chick.  So we hope the baby has survived.

So where we live we have baby birds as well as lots of other birds, we have snakes, we have voles and mice.  We also have skunks, raccoons, mink, deer, antelope, dogs, cats, fox and horses, oh, yes, we even have some cows.  It is really a great place to live.  Lots of different things happen around here and we can see a lot of nature from our own home.

No comments:

Post a Comment