Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Summary - Oquirrh Mountain Dedication

The Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication   
August 23, 2009

Photo taken 5-15-09 (our 16th Anniversary)
        
It was a great day to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication.  My Hubby and two awesome kids went to our Stake Center ( One of the church buildings that serves our area) to watch the dedication via satellite.  I was so grateful to be able to be there with my small family.  We went at the same time my parents were going, so we were able to sit with them.  Two of my nephews were able to come too, they were on their weekend with their dad.

We were shown photos of the interior as we listened to beautiful music as we waited for the 3pm session to begin.  There was such a beautiful spirit in the building.  The members who were there were very reverent and it was very peaceful.   It was as close to being in the temple as I have ever been, without being in the temple.

I loved having my dear family around me.  I know that families are forever and that we will be able to meet up again after death takes us from this life.  I also know that this blessing of being together is a gift from my Heavenly Father and that I must lead a Christlike life and earn my gift.  I must do what he asks and follow his commandments.  It is not easy, but it is totally worth it.

I am grateful for the gift and blessing of the atonement and my right to forgiveness if I heartfully repent.   I know that Christ lives and loves each of us.  He is our Savior and Redeemer.  I am thankful for my testimony of Christ and grateful for the blessings I receive daily from my Heavenly Father.

2 comments:

  1. How nice to be able to spend time like that with your family. There's something about being in a reverent place with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom said all of northern Utah had church canceled so people could attend the dedication at the stake centers. It's pretty amazing I think.

    I also wanted to let you know that I'm passing along the Honest Scrap award to you =) http://misadventuresofmub.blogspot.com/2009/08/honest-scrap-award.html

    ReplyDelete